Education and Training:
• Master’s in Electrical Engineering (Automation and Control) Polytechnic Institute of the Soviet Union, Faculty of Automation and Radio Electronics (March, 1975).
• Doctorate in Electrical Engineering (Automation and Control), Institute of Control Sciences (previously Institute of Automation y Tele-mechanics). Russian Academy of Sciences, (March, 1986).
• Level I member of the National System of Researchers (SNI).
Lines of Research:
• Robust Control for Nonlinear Systems with Uncertainties.
- Robust control based on sliding mode control methods; liberalization through feedback techniques, including "backstepping" and block check; inverse and robust optimal control; and passive variations (geometric method).
- Intelligent control via high-order sliding modes with neural nets and fuzzy logic.
- Problema regulación robusta por modos deslizantes en sistemas lineales y no lineales.
- Design of observers for Nonlinear Systems.
- Robust control based on sliding modes and predictors for dynamic systems with delays and perturbations.
• Electromechanical systems, including manipulators, humanoid robots, and mobile robots.
• Infinite bus and multi-machine electrical power systems (including eighth order synchronous generators, excitation systems, FACTs systems, the network, and the charge).
• Wind power systems.
• Electrical motors:
- Direct current motors with controlled flow
- Rotative induction motors and tri-phase and mono-phase motors with linear displacement
- Stepper motors
- Synchronous motors
• Hydraulic electro servomotors.
• Quadrotor helicopter and satellites.