Education and Training:
• Electrical Engineer, Universidad Industrial de Santander, Bucaramanga, Colombia (1971).
• Master’s in Science in Electrical Engineering, México, D.F, (1974)
• Doctorate in Electrical Engineering with Specialty in Automatic control, Institut Polytechnique de Grenoble, Grenoble, France, (1981).
• Level II member of the National System of Researchers (SNI).
Lines of Research:
• Intelligent Control: Neural Control and Fuzzy Control
• Application of Artificial Intelligence to Automatic Control Systems
• Robust control based on sliding mode control methods, feedback liberalization techniques, including backstepping, block check, robust and inverse optimal control, passivity, adaptive control, and variational sliding modes
• Optimal/stochastic control
• Vehicular, Motor, and Braking Control
• Control of electrical motors
• Process systems
• Energy: Optimization of Smart Grid operations
• Glucose control
• Wastewater treatment