Education and Training:
• Doctorate in Computer Science, Wales University, College of Carddiff, U.K. 1993
• Post Doctorate at the Institut für Informatik und Angewandte Mathematik, Christina Albrechts Universität, Kiel, Germany, 1995-99.
• SNI III, IAPR fellow, IEEE senior member
Lines of Research:
• Application of Clifford’s geometric algebra to perception and action systems
• Geometric cybernetics
• Computer vision
• Geometric neural nets
• Quaternion Fourier and Wavelet transforms
• Quantum computing in Robotics
• Mobile and humanoid robots
• Processing and analysis of medical imaging
• Medical robots and bionic prostheses
Relationship with private industry:
|Qualtop, Guadalajara, Jalisco
||Development of an intelligent guidance system for the visually impaired.
Financing provided by PROINOVA/CONACYT for 2012-13. From 2012-2013, a prototype was developed and implemented.
|Two patents were generated. We expect to produce the device commercially at the end of 2014.|
Tel. 01 52 (33) 3777 3600 | Ext. 1027